January 20, 2009

How do I get off this stupid roller coaster?

I seem to be on this long roller coaster lately and I am getting a bit sick of it. There are highs and then there are lows. And they aren't like seasons...they are more like hours in a day. Let me explain...

I woke up this morning to my 2 year old at 6:45 am. This girl USED to sleep in to 8:30 or 9 am. I guess that's over. So not only did I get to bed late, I woke up early. And we have a playdate with Trendsetter this morning so of course I am rushing around trying to get out the door on time. By the way I had a fabulous time at the playdate... I am telling everyone about that place!

Anywho, my kids are not cooperating and Laney is not listening so now I am frustrated. Then I get there and it's great! Then I leave and Laney decides to drop the food and run away from me as I am getting NoNo in the car. As I spank her in the parking lot she looks at me and laughs...LAUGHS? what the hec do I do now???? So I explain to her that we don't run away and we definetly don't laugh at mommy as she is correcting you.

Now we are in the car and my dear friend calls with troubling news so I pray with her and as I am praying with her I miss my exit and go the LONG way home. So now we are home and I get everyone in and settled. NoNo is asleep and Laney is watching the Lion King. I call my sister to find out how my nephew is and Laney walks out naked with poop ALL over her. What did I do??? I did what every good parent does... I lost it! I am yelling and steam is coming from my ears and I am sure my daughter is a little scared by the whole thing.

So I take all the dirty stuff downstairs to the basement to do some laundry and of course the washer and dryer are full of stuff and as I look around there are 5 loads waiting to be done. So now I am doing the laundry and I call my sister back only to hear that Roo has strep throat. Now I am praying over the whole family because we were just there and laney and him shared a sippy cup. Dan and I don't have health insurance so I am really praying that we don't get it or that will set us back at least $300. Dan needs a new job and has been looking and praying for a whole year now and there is nothing. I am so tired of living like this that I need a breakthrough!

Because I am so stressed the ezcema on my stomache is flaring up and I am just about at my boiling point. I still have so much to do before I have to go to my part time job and right now I just don't wanna go! Sorry if you are still reading this... I am just venting and since there are no other adults here to talk to I am posting my low moments for you all to read.

Oh well... I am off to switch the load of laundry.

7 comments:

Livin' Life said...

Oh the days. Honestly I tell Tiffany it all the time but I remember those days. I still lose it with the kids being older at times. Scott was working a day and night job when the two oldest were young. I will be praying for you.

You are a great mamma and we all have those bad days. Sometimes we all need to have someone listen to us. I didn't mind reading your post at all. I feel your pain and know how to pray.

Kelli said...

I love you. I seriously do. You are such an amazing woman. You stay at home with little kids, you take care of your family (even the ones who don't live with you) and you love your freinds enough to stand with them in prayer even on a bad day. You, my dear, are doing very, very well.

Promises said...

I am glad that you shared - I am praying for you. That the Lord pours His peace upon you in this storm and that He would keep your family healthy!

I know those days - I had 2 in a row last week.

The Gang's Momma! said...

Hang in there kiddo~these days are among the hardest of the parenting journey. I agree with Classic - you are doing a great job. Ironically, feeling crappy about the job is sometimes what makes you such a great mom. Because when you screw up, you care more about it. Like, it matters to you. And that's because you are a great mom. Get me? A wise mommy told me that one time when I was being hard on me. If you weren't being a good Mommy,you wouldn't know it NOR would you care! Hang in there!

Natalie said...

Welcome to my life. And the life of every mom around the globe. You know, I think we have to have the bad days to really, really appreciate the good days. But His mercies are new every morning and tomorrow will be a new day with a fresh start.

I always like to think that the bad days are just great fodder for my blog. Thanks for keeping it real.

Hands-Free Heart said...

Thanks for sharing. Hoping tomorrow is much smoother!

@pril G said...

I never want to give mommies advice because I will be the FIRST to admit that they have a harder job than I will ever have! But, I do want to say this non-advice to you: Laney bug is two, therefore, she will not remember any of this. Forgive yourself. Take a deep breath & move forward. You were born to triumph over these moments.

Love you!